2021 RUGBY SEASON
- Registrations for the 2021 winter rugby season is open
- Age Group Coordinators will inform training times during school holidays / Term 2
- Northern Suburbs Junior Rugby Union (NSJRU) gala day on 24 April 2021. Age Group Coordinator will provide draw info
- 2021 season opener for adult supporters on 24 April 2021 from 7pm @ The Greens, North Sydney. Bookings at https://www.trybooking.com/
- Round 1 of the 2021 winter rugby season is 1/2 May 2021
- Norths Pirates Junior Rugby Club is a rugby union club for children aged 5 to 17.
- It is run by volunteers dedicated to the Club's philosophy of rugby skills development of children and the embodiment of a local rugby community, along with the potential to be a future player or supporter of grade rugby, Super Rugby and international rugby.
- Our home ground is Tunks Park (western end), Brothers Avenue, Cammeray, NSW 2062.
- Norths Pirates Junior Rugby Union Club was originally called Cammbridge Bay which was made up from 3 clubs – Cammeray, Northbridge and Neutral Bay. The Neutral Bay club was active as far back as the 1890s and predates Northern Suburbs Rugby Club. Cammbridge Bay rugby competed in the Sydney junior competition until 1987 when Norths Seniors took control and reformed the club as Norths Pirates. The club is one of 4 feeder clubs to the Northern Suburbs District and ultimately to the Norths Seniors Shute Shield club.
- We welcome new players across age groups. Refer to the link for registration.
- For any questions relating to playing rugby with the Pirates, please contact:
- Once a player has registered with the Club, the relevant age group coordinator will provide information.
- Training times are generally on Wednesday or Thursday afternoons at Primrose Park (Grafton Street off Young Street, Cremorne). Time is determined by the team coach.
- The U6-U9 teams play in the Gordon Minis competition. Their games are on Saturday mornings, with 1 or 2 games on Sunday mornings. Opposing teams are based on the North Shore, so games will be played in this area.
- The U10-U16 teams play in the Sydney Junior Rugby Union (SJRU) competition. Their games are on Sundays (and some Friday evenings). This is a graded competition. Opposing teams can be based across the Sydney region.
- The teams also receive invitations to play in Rugby gala days throughout the season, both in Sydney and regionally.
- Refer to page 'Coaching & Age Group Overview' for details on rules for each age group.
- Refer to page 'Playing Info - Ground locations & wet weather' for more details on ground locations and wet weather information lines.
- Players need to play in the Club uniform of a jersey, shorts and socks plus football boots.
- The Club uniform is only available to purchase online via Paladin Sports.
- Playing jerseys will be distributed by the Age Group Coordinator or Coach or Team Manager.
- Mouth guards and headgear (IRB approved) are mandatory and can be purchased through any sporting goods shop or mouthguards professionally fitted by a dentist.
- Refer to page 'The Club - Uniforms and Playing Gear' for more information.
- The Club has a small executive committee of volunteers. Please contact Elise Mittelheuser, President 0406 998 394 if you would like to assist.
- Norths Pirates Junior Rugby Club is completely run by volunteers, and it’s the efforts of everyone that ensure the seasons runs smoothly and the players develop their rugby skills. Many of our young players also follow the example our parents set and volunteer themselves to help younger players, assist coaches with set up and pack up, be referees and touch judges and help with the BBQ.
- Gold Sponsor - Pacific Plus Constructions
- Black Sponsors - Giovanni's Pizza; Marshall Investments; Motus Transport; Wonder (Goodman Fielder)
- Advertising Sponsor - Shopper Media
- Physio Sponsor - Fit As A Physio ($78 appointments for players; $20 off first appointment for parents)
- Boot Supporter - Score Zone Boots
- Headgear Supporter - N Pro
- Mouthguard Supporter - Dental on Clarke
- Refer our Sponsors page
Facebook - Like us and follow us
Instagram - Follow us