Semi-finals is 26-27 August...
Shute Shield final - Norths v Warringah
Norths Pirates are encouraged to be at North Sydney Oval on Saturday, 26 August, kick off at 3.00pm to cheers on Norths Seniors as they vie for the Shute Shield two years in a row.
Congratulations to Zach De Vlieger, Sam Gillard, Thomas Gordon, Nick McPherson, Tom Millner, Angus Molchanoff, Finn Molloy, Liam Rees for receiving their 100 Game jersey representing 100 games played for the Pirates!
End of Season presentation - 10 September
Wallabies v Barbarians - Club Ticket Kickback
Harbord Harlequins gala day - U8 & 9
- Harbord Harlequins Junior Rugby Club hosted 40 rugby clubs from NSW for U8&9 gala day.
- Great opportunity for our players to play against other teams they would not normally do so.
- Thanks to Jason Smith for organising and to the coaches, supporters and players.
King of the Hills (KoTH) gala day - U8 & 9
- KoTH is the longest running gala day for U8/9, now in its 28th year hosted by Hills Junior Rugby.
- Congratulations to Hugo Wake for being selected Player of the Tournament for the U8s.
- Thanks to the players, supporters and coaches.
State Champs / Representatives Rugby - U10
- Congratulations to all our players that represented Northern Suburbs in the state championships held on Sunday 16 July.
AGL Power to Play
- AGL is again supporting grassroots rugby this year through their Power to Play campaign where if you switch your gas and/or electricity to AGL, they will donate up to $150 to the rugby club of your choice. Register at https://campaign.agl.com.au/landing/sponsorship/power-to-play/
Let Kids be Kids - Sideline behaviour
- Play by The Rules address sideline behaviour at Junior sport through the “Let Kids be Kids” national campaign. Dean Mumm from the Waratahs features in the campaign, along with players from other sporting codes like Ellyse Perry. The voices of children in the campaign have powerful messages about how poor sideline behaviour impacts on them.
- Norths Pirates Junior Rugby Club is a rugby union club for children (boys and girls) aged 5 to 17.
- It is run by volunteers dedicated to the Club's philosophy of rugby skills development of children and the embodiment of a local rugby community, along with the potential to be a future player or supporter of grade rugby, Super Rugby and international rugby.
- Our home ground is Tunks Park (western end), Brothers Avenue, Cammeray, NSW 2062.
- Norths Pirates Junior Rugby Union Club was originally called Cammbridge Bay which was made up from 3 clubs – Cammeray, Northbridge and Neutral Bay. The Neutral Bay club was active as far back as the 1890s and predates Northern Suburbs Rugby Club. Cammbridge Bay rugby competed in the Sydney junior competition until 1987 when Norths Seniors took control and reformed the club as Norths Pirates. The club is one of 4 feeder clubs to the Northern Suburbs District and ultimately to the Norths Seniors Shute Shield club.
- We welcome new players across age groups. Refer to the link for registration.
- For any questions relating to playing rugby with the Pirates, please contact:
- Once a player has registered with the Club, the relevant age co-ordinator will email information.
- Training times are generally on Wednesday or Thursday afternoons at either Tunks Park (Brothers Avenue, Cammeray) or Primrose Park (Grafton Street off Young Street, Cremorne). Time is determined by the team coach.
- The U6-U9 teams play in the Gordon Minis comp. Their games are on Saturday mornings, with 1 or 2 games on Sunday mornings.
- The U10-U16 teams play in the Sydney Juniors comp. Their games are on Sundays (and some Friday evenings).
- The teams also receive invitations to play in Rugby gala days throughout the season, both in Sydney and regionally.
- Refer to page 'Coaching & Age Group Overview' for details on rules for each age group.
- Refer to page 'Playing Info - Ground locations & wet weather' for more details on ground locations and wet weather information lines.
- Players need to play in the Club uniform of a jersey, shorts and socks plus football boots.
- The Club uniform is available through the age co-ordinators or team managers (cash or cheque) or the registration site (credit card).
- Uniforms will be distributed at pre-season training or throughout the year from Age Coordinators or Team Managers.
- Mouth guards and headgear (IRB approved) are mandatory and can be purchased through any sporting goods shop.
- Refer to page 'The Club - Uniforms and Playing Gear' for more information.
- The Club has a small executive committee of volunteers. Please contact Craig Hopper 0478 162 800 if you would like to assist.
- Gold Sponsor - Evolution Healthcare / Sante
- Red Sponsor - The Bodyguard The Musical
- from 21 April in Sydney; book tickets http://www.thebodyguardmu
- Red Sponsor - Ferguson Property Agents
- List your property for sale or rent through Ferguson Property Agents and they will donate 5% of the sales commission or 20% of the letting fee back to the Club.
- Tour Sponsor - Estilo Sports & Group Travel
Like us and follow us https://www.facebook.com/