Round 9 Juniors (U10+) / Round 8 - Minis (U6-9) - 22-24 June
- Our players are wearing purple socks this weekend in support of pancreatic cancer and the Avner Pancreatic Cancer Foundation
State Cup - June long weekend
Congratulations to the Pirates in U11/12/13s that played for Northern Suburbs Junior Rugby Rugby Union in the State Cup over the June long weekend. Thank you to the parents and supporters that braved the rain and mud to support our players.
Cowra Tour - 2-3 June
Our 5th annual tour to Cowra for U9/10/11s, with 140 players and supporters. We gathered on Saturday afternoon at Cowra Rugby Club to watch Cowra Rugby play against Orange 1st grade game. We stayed at Aalana Motor Inn, Country Gardens Motor Inn, Cowra Ex-Services Motel. Team dinner at Cowra Services Club, with the obligatory speechs and singing of the Club song and the Reds v Waratahs on the big screen. On the Sunday, each team played three games of rugby against local teams including Cowra, Bathurst, Orange, Parkes at the Cowra Rugby Club. Thanks to Jess Carpenter (U9s), Nick Eastman (U10s), Elise Mittelheuser (U11s) and Jason Smith for organising a memorable tour and to Cowra Rugby Club for hosting us and putting on another awesome gala day.
Season 2018 Social Function - 26 May
Pirates parents & supporters kicked up their heals at the 2018 Season Launch. Thanks to Pacific Diner, 5/207 Pacific Hwy, St Leonards for an awesome venue, service, food, and all round fabulous evening. @pacificdinerstleonards
- Thanks to Parker's Cellar for complimentary Mumm champagne on arrival, lucky door prizes and wine hamper raffle.
Waratahs Club Blitz - 23 May
Honoured to have Will Miller, Openside Flanker of the Waratahs & Nat Maclarn, Second Rower of NSW Women at our training session to assist with skills & drills and of course signatures & selfies. Thanks @nswwaratahs for the Waratahs Club Blitz Initiative.
- We also received a Junior Club Pack from Daikin for demonstrating NSW Rugby values of pride, respect, inclusiveness, accountability. Thanks to @DaikinAustralia for supporting grassroots rugby.
- North's Pirates welcome registrations for 2018 for children ages 5-17.
- Thanks to the NSW Government, each family in NSW will be entitled to receive a $100 rebate for each child playing in a registered sport. Please register your child/ren for the $100 rebate here:- https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-active-kids-voucher
- This must be done first. You will then be emailed a unique code from ServicesNSW with your child's name.
- Once you receive the unique code, you can then register with our Club for the 2018 rugby union season https://rugbylink.resultsvault.com/common/pages/reg/welcome.aspx?fl=1&type=1&id=38463&entityid=50135
- Norths Pirates Junior Rugby Club is a rugby union club for children aged 5 to 17.
- It is run by volunteers dedicated to the Club's philosophy of rugby skills development of children and the embodiment of a local rugby community, along with the potential to be a future player or supporter of grade rugby, Super Rugby and international rugby.
- Our home ground is Tunks Park (western end), Brothers Avenue, Cammeray, NSW 2062.
- Norths Pirates Junior Rugby Union Club was originally called Cammbridge Bay which was made up from 3 clubs – Cammeray, Northbridge and Neutral Bay. The Neutral Bay club was active as far back as the 1890s and predates Northern Suburbs Rugby Club. Cammbridge Bay rugby competed in the Sydney junior competition until 1987 when Norths Seniors took control and reformed the club as Norths Pirates. The club is one of 4 feeder clubs to the Northern Suburbs District and ultimately to the Norths Seniors Shute Shield club.
- We welcome new players across age groups. Refer to the link for registration.
- For any questions relating to playing rugby with the Pirates, please contact:
- Once a player has registered with the Club, the relevant age co-ordinator will email information.
- Training times are generally on Wednesday or Thursday afternoons at Primrose Park (Grafton Street off Young Street, Cremorne). Time is determined by the team coach.
- The U6-U9 teams play in the Gordon Minis comp. Their games are on Saturday mornings, with 1 or 2 games on Sunday mornings.Opposing teams are based on the North Shore, so games will be played in this area.
- The U10-U16 teams play in the Sydney Juniors comp. Their games are on Sundays (and some Friday evenings). This is a graded competition. Opposing teams can be based across the Sydney region.
- The teams also receive invitations to play in Rugby gala days throughout the season, both in Sydney and regionally.
- Refer to page 'Coaching & Age Group Overview' for details on rules for each age group.
- Refer to page 'Playing Info - Ground locations & wet weather' for more details on ground locations and wet weather information lines.
- Players need to play in the Club uniform of a jersey, shorts and socks plus football boots.
- The Club uniform is available through the age co-ordinators or team managers (cash or cheque) or the registration site (credit card).
- Uniforms will be distributed at pre-season training or throughout the year from Age Coordinators or Team Managers.
- Mouth guards and headgear (IRB approved) are mandatory and can be purchased through any sporting goods shop.
- Refer to page 'The Club - Uniforms and Playing Gear' for more information.
- The Club has a small executive committee of volunteers. Please contact Elise Mittelheuser, President 0406 998 394 if you would like to assist.
- Norths Pirates Junior Rugby Club is completely run by volunteers, and it’s the efforts of everyone that ensure the seasons runs smoothly and the players have the most fun. Many of our young players also follow the example our parents set and volunteer themselves to help younger players, assist coaches with set up and pack up, be referees and touch judges and help with the BBQ.
- Gold Sponsor - Evolution Healthcare / Sante
- Red Sponsor - Parker's Cellar
- Tour Sponsor - Estilo Sports & Group Travel
Facebook - Like us and follow us
Instagram - Follow us