Round 10 is 23-25 June...
School Holidays - Rugby Camp suggestions
- Camp Wallaby
- Check out 3 day Camp Wallaby - Australia's only school holiday rugby camp with Wallabies attending licensed by the ARU on 10-12 July.
- A Participation and Excellence streams
- Held at Knox Grammar School, Warrawee, SHORE School, North Sydney, Sydney Eastern Suburbs, Sydney Hills District and Hunter Valley.
- Register online: campwallaby.com.au
- Camp Waratah
- 2 day clinic on 5-7 July. Train and think like a Waratah.
- Held at Koola Park, Koola Avenue, East Killara
- Register online: http://www.nswrugby.com.au/en-us/community/camps.aspx
- Little Legends
- 1 to 5 day clinics
- Held at St Aloyius Oval, Tyneside Avenue, Willoughby OR Lindfield Oval, Tryon Road, Lindfield
- Register online: littlelegends.net.au
- 2 day clinics with first grade players and coaches from Northern Suburbs, as well as Waratah’s Matt Lucas and Irae Simone attending to share their experiences and answer questions.
- Held at Denzil Joyce Oval, North Curl Curl OR Beuchamp Park, Chatswood.
- Register online: www.trytimerugby.com
Girls Try Rugby - 17 June
- A huge thanks to Jason Smith (Minis Coordinator) and the bunch of boys who joined in for a strongly contested game of touch. Norths and Chatswood were represented as well as the girls who were on field already playing.
State Champs / Representatives Rugby - U11 - U17
- Congratulations to all our players that represented Northern Suburbs in the state championships held over the June long weekend in soggy fields and mud (except if u played in the U14s in Orange which had brilliant sunshine!).
Cowra Rugby Tour - 3 - 4 June
- This annual tour was held 3-4 June 2017 for U9/10/11s. Players and their supporters gathered on Saturday afternoon at Cowra Rugby Club to watch Cowra Rugby play against Charles Sturt University 1st grade game. We stayed at Aalana Motor Inn, Country Gardens Motor Inn, Cowra Ex-Services Motel. Team dinner at Cowra Services Club (loved the Cowra lamb) and the All Blacks v Lions then Brumbies v Rebels on the big screen, as well as the obligatory singing of the team song. On the Sunday, each team played three games of rugby against local teams including Cowra, Bathurst, Orange, Parkes at the Cowra Rugby Club.
- Thanks to Estilo Sports Group for contributing to the tour red fleeces, which with the Pirate red caps looked very distinctive on the rugby field.
- Thanks to Jason Smith, Lou Davies and others for organising a memorable tour and to Cowra Rugby Club for the invitation.
2017 Welcome Drinks & 30th Anniversary - 27 May
- Parents & Supporters, past & present celebrated the Club's 30th Anniversary at The Union Hotel, North Sydney.
Raffle tickets - congratulations to the recipients
- Estilo Sport & Group Travel (our Tour Sponsor) sponsored the top prize of our raffle. Recipients were drawn at the social function on 27 May.
- Proceeds will be used to help Pirates players and their families attend rugby tours to Cowra, Kiama, Mollymook and beyond.
- Prizes and recipients are:
- 1. Two tickets to the Bledisloe Cup in Brisbane on 21 October (including flights/accommodation/lunch) - AMANDA EGGLETON
- 2. Week at a Mollymook beachhouse (donated by the Smith family) - ANGUS MOLCHANOFF
- 3. 6 bottles of red wine up to 20 years old (donated by Graham York) - SUSAN ENNERS
Waratahs Club Blitz - 17 May
- We were privileged to have Damien Fitzpatrick, Hooker for the Waratahs giving skills training session at Primrose Park, followed by photographs / signatures / Q&A session. Damien is a great role model & inspirational to players & supporters. Thanks to @NSWRugby and @Waratahs for the Waratah Club Blitz initiative.
AGL Power to Play
- AGL is again supporting grassroots rugby this year through their Power to Play campaign where if you switch your gas and/or electricity to AGL, they will donate up to $150 to the rugby club of your choice. Register at https://campaign.agl.com.au/landing/sponsorship/power-to-play/
Let Kids be Kids - Sideline behaviour
- Play by The Rules address sideline behaviour at Junior sport through the “Let Kids be Kids” national campaign. Dean Mumm from the Waratahs will feature in the campaign, along with players from other sporting codes like Ellyse Perry. The voices of children feature in the campaign with powerful messages about how poor sideline behaviour impacts on them.
- Norths Pirates Junior Rugby Club is a rugby union club for children (boys and girls) aged 5 to 17.
- It is run by volunteers dedicated to the Club's philosophy of rugby skills development of children and the embodiment of a local rugby community, along with the potential to be a future player or supporter of grade rugby, Super Rugby and international rugby.
- Our home ground is Tunks Park (western end), Brothers Avenue, Cammeray, NSW 2062.
- Norths Pirates Junior Rugby Union Club was originally called Cammbridge Bay which was made up from 3 clubs – Cammeray, Northbridge and Neutral Bay. The Neutral Bay club was active as far back as the 1890s and predates Northern Suburbs Rugby Club. Cammbridge Bay rugby competed in the Sydney junior competition until 1987 when Norths Seniors took control and reformed the club as Norths Pirates. The club is one of 4 feeder clubs to the Northern Suburbs District and ultimately to the Norths Seniors Shute Shield club.
- We welcome new players across age groups. Refer to the link for registration.
- For any questions relating to playing rugby with the Pirates, please contact:
- Once a player has registered with the Club, the relevant age co-ordinator will email information.
- Training times are generally on Wednesday or Thursday afternoons at either Tunks Park (Brothers Avenue, Cammeray) or Primrose Park (Grafton Street off Young Street, Cremorne). Time is determined by the team coach.
- The U6-U9 teams play in the Gordon Minis comp. Their games are on Saturday mornings, with 1 or 2 games on Sunday mornings.
- The U10-U16 teams play in the Sydney Juniors comp. Their games are on Sundays (and some Friday evenings).
- The teams also receive invitations to play in Rugby gala days throughout the season, both in Sydney and regionally.
- Refer to page 'Coaching & Age Group Overview' for details on rules for each age group.
- Refer to page 'Playing Info - Ground locations & wet weather' for more details on ground locations and wet weather information lines.
- Players need to play in the Club uniform of a jersey, shorts and socks plus football boots.
- The Club uniform is available through the age co-ordinators or team managers (cash or cheque) or the registration site (credit card).
- Uniforms will be distributed at pre-season training or throughout the year from Age Coordinators or Team Managers.
- Mouth guards and headgear (IRB approved) are mandatory and can be purchased through any sporting goods shop.
- Refer to page 'The Club - Uniforms and Playing Gear' for more information.
- The Club has a small executive committee of volunteers. Please contact Craig Hopper 0478 162 800 if you would like to assist.
- Gold Sponsor - Evolution Healthcare / Sante
- Red Sponsor - The Bodyguard The Musical
- from 21 April in Sydney; book tickets http://www.thebodyguardmu
- Red Sponsor - Ferguson Property Agents
- List your property for sale or rent through Ferguson Property Agents and they will donate 5% of the sales commission or 20% of the letting fee back to the Club.
- Tour Sponsor - Estilo Sports & Group Travel
Like us and follow us https://www.facebook.com/